Three escape Christmas Eve house fire in Northwest Knox

Adjust Comment Print

When crews got there, they were met with heavy flames coming from the back of the home. The three families were given vouchers for housing in hotels, Holmes said, but he was not certain whether they needed additional clothing.

Joseph Zapien, who lives two homes away, said he has the same concerns with the properties, which showed signs of gang graffiti and items Monday, suggesting it's been a shelter for homeless individuals.

"The lady was panicking", Mohamed said. Fire engulfed the back room and a window was blown out. Grand Rapids Fire Chief Don Bohn said the fire was contained to the kitchen, but there was smoke damage throughout the entire house.

Not the final visit,' says Pakistan after Jadhav met mother and wife
Earlier, Jadhav met his mother and wife at Pakistan Foreign Office in Islamabad but with a glass panel separating them. Television footage showed a convoy of around seven vehicles escorting Jadhav's family after they arrived in the city.


Officials say the fire was accidental due to an electrical problem. "The second floor is still intact but smoked up".

Firefighters from several departments were called just before 6 a.m. Sunday, according to Brad Hall with the Spartanburg Fire Department. The two occupants of the house were sent to hospital for observation-Dennis said the man's hair looked "singed" after trying to douse the flames himself.

Two people, two dogs, and two cats were able to safely get out of the home when the fire started.

Comments