The Maryland police have arrested a 19-year-old suspect named Miguel Angel Lopez-Abrego from an apartment along with two other suspects and charged Lopez with a first-degree murder.
Lopez-Abrego is a citizen of El Salvador, is in the United States illegally and is now in immigration proceedings, officials from US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Wednesday.
"The victim had been stabbed over one-hundred times, decapitated, dismembered, and his heart had been excised from his chest and thrown into the grave", the court papers added.
"During the investigation", police officers "received information that this manslaughter was committed by members of the MS-13 gang, including Lopes Abrego", who was accused, the County Police Department explained in a statement released on Tuesday.
MS-13 stabs man 100 times, beheads corpse and rips out heart near Washington DC, police say
Lopez-Abrego was found in North Carolina on November 11 and arrested on a first-degree murder warrant.
On Sept. 5, the informant led detectives to the body.
The victim was likely killed between December 2016 and March 2017, according to police. He was also discovered with a missing tooth, which officials said may suggest he was either speaking or smiling at the time of his death. Police evenutally tracked him and two other suspect, Milton Portillo-Rodriguez and an unnamed third MS-13 member involved in other attacks, to a local condo - where they hid inside from police. In September, investigators released several photos of clothing and a rosary that were found with him.
Earlier, last month, US Attorney General Jeff Sessions, had declared the country is organizing task forces to destroy MS-13 "just like we took Al Capone off the streets". He has short, dark brown hair. They describe the man as a Hispanic, approximately 5 feet, 2 inches in height and weighed about 125 pounds.
The unidentified victim's body was found clad in a gray sweatshirt with the words, "First United Methodist Church Laurel" written on the chest.
Iran-based hacker charged with trying to extort HBO
Mesri began leaking some stolen materials over the internet, prosecutors said, suggesting that HBO didn't pay the ransom. His alleged hack attack took place just before the most recent season of Game of Thrones launched this summer (17).