Bill O'Reilly Settlement New Sexual Harassment and Fox News give Contract

Adjust Comment Print

Fox announced in April that O'Reilly would not return to Fox News after the Times reported that five women were paid $13 million to settle sexual harassment suits against the network host.

Notwithstanding that record, 21st Century Fox started contract transactions with Mr. O'Reilly, and in February conceded him a four-year expansion that paid $25 million a year.

He made suggestive remarks to her on the air for years afterward, such as recommending that she dance at a strip club, and her other complains against O'Reilly "included allegations of repeated harassment, a nonconsensual sexual relationship and the sending of gay pornography and other sexually explicit material to her, according to the people briefed on the matter", the Times reports.

That's an exorbitant amount of money for a sexual harassment lawsuit when you consider that Fox News CEO Roger Ailes - who had been fired just six months earlier - had paid out $20 million to host Gretchen Carlson.

Also, government prosecutors who had been examining the system's treatment of sexual harassment grievances against Mr. Ailes had requested material identified with assertions including Mr. O'Reilly, as indicated by an interior Fox email got by The Times.

Regarding Mr. O'Reilly's contract extension, the company said Fox News "surely would have wanted to renew" Mr. O'Reilly's contract, noting that "he was the biggest star in cable TV".

Destiny 2 Patch Fixes Raid Key Bug
For the time being, you can count the days to the game's release on PC, as it'll be available starting on October 24 at 1 PM EDT. They will let them know with an in-game message when they fail with information on what is at stake each week.


As part of the deal, Wiehl agreed to destroy all photos, text messages and other communications between the two, the Times reported. O'Reilly has dismissed the charges as baseless, telling the Times that they are "politically and financially motivated". "The Times ignored that evidence, sworn under oath, and chose to rely on unsubstantiated allegations, anonymous sources and incomplete leaked or stolen documents", he wrote.

In its first article about Mr. O'Reilly on April 1, The New York Times printed inaccurate settlement figures while fully understanding that O'Reilly and his counsel are legally bound by confidentiality and can not set the record straight. The producer was sacked by his own company earlier this month after the Times revealed three decades of alleged sexual harassment and assault by Weinstein.

The Times characterized the sum to Wiehl as "extraordinarily large".

In January, the detailing appears, Rupert Murdoch and his children, Lachlan and James, the best officials at 21st Century Fox, made a business computation to remain by Mr. O'Reilly notwithstanding his latest, and conceivably most hazardous, harassment question. "I think he's a person I know well - he is a good person".

Wiehl appeared regularly on O'Reilly's program for 15 years, and said in her affidavit that she had worked with him, socialized with him and offered legal advice over an 18-year period.

Comments